Lushly Animate

"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."

Pedro Calderon de la Barca


Ah, the inevitable changing of the seasons.  Fall has, once again, come to take over.  Instead of focusing on the annual decay of foliage, I set out to capture nature's vibrancy before it turned into mush.

This was partially inspired by McLuhan's quotes, "Too many people know too much about each other.  Our new environment compels commitment and participation."  Because I grew up with an incredible appreciation and deep understanding of nature, I have the ability to see how unnecessarily complicated we make our modern lives.  

I adventured to High Cliff State Park, where I searched for bright green leaves and lively plants and creatures.  I wanted to capture the elegance and purity of nature before the hustle and bustle of fall and winter came around.  

The electric colors and curious wildlife scuttling about felt like I was at home.  Every single photograph I took resembled peace, wonder, and simplicity - the values our world chooses to ignore.



Lushly Animate

Comments

  1. I really love the color and vibrancy of the photos, as well as the narrative it conveys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts